Dr Gary Deed and Dr Anita Sharma give an overview of some important additions to the recently updated Management of type 2 diabetes: A handbook for general practice (the Diabetes Handbook).
Get up-to-date with current best practice as Gary and Anita discuss:
- Early-onset type 2 diabetes – How type 2 diabetes onset in younger people is on the rise, and why this is particularly concerning
- Mental health and type 2 diabetes – How diabetes distress and other psychological conditions can negatively affect the health outcomes of people with type 2 diabetes
- SGLT2 inhibitors – New recommendations for patients with CVD, and the latest recommendations regarding SGLT2 inhibitor use and surgery
- Use of technology in managing type 2 diabetes – The challenges and opportunities of the emerging use of technology for type 2 diabetes
- Periodontal disease – The GP’s role in managing this common, but often overlooked, co-morbidity of type 2 diabetes
- Managing diabetes during Ramadan – Helping patients with type 2 diabetes who choose to fast during Ramadan